Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Metal Hammer
Area 54 Forums Forum Index » AREA 54 » Metal Hammer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakis
Band

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Metal Hammer

Today I've seen the Metal Hammer review for BOYD, those who have seen it will know that it's mainly about 'Madagascar', the Guns N' Roses track, a song that isn't on the album.

The only mention of anything to do with the album is to say 'it needs livening up', and gets 4/10. MH got in touch with me about a month or so ago, asking for lots of things from 54 - another copy of BOYD, new photos,a biog. You see, they were going to run a feature on us, and support the new album. Then they got in touch with us to say that we could have an advert in the mag at a cheaper rate etc. For some reason, they decided to pull the feature without even telling me, and turned the review into a bad one. MH have always been a mag I considered good, and supportive of struggling bands. I've been told for years that when the new album is ready, they'll do a lot for us.

It seems to me that everyone & everything is against AREA 54, and with no support, and massive financial debt to keep the band running, it would have been cool to receive the support we were promised.

I just thought I'd share my views with you.
McFly Fan

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:

That is really bad news if they promised to do a feature and then didn't. It's sad that magazines these days don't really support unsigned bands, it only seems we get to hear about bands once they are signed (because that means they must be good then!!!!)

Don't let it get you down guys, we all know that it's a great album and most reviewers wouldn't know a good album if it smacked them in the face. Keep going, your time will come Sad
 Back to top »
Purple Madgirl
Conqueror

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:

For god's sake

metalhammer were what really got the name out in the early days - why the hell did they do that!

I am so glad i no longer give my hard earned pennies to kerrap, metalhammer or any other of those shower of bastards that appear to know nothing about music.

I don't even know how to say keep going and i sure as hell don't blame you for wondering why you bother.

All i can say is you know there are people like me and your other old schoolers who are still here after 6.7. even 9 years. And for us you are better than sliced bread!

Back to top »
DDave
Killer

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject:

It's very disappointing in that it doesn't really try to even review the album.

Whilst I'm not expecting the sort of coverage major bands get, it'd be nice to see far more support for the small British bands (and not just 54). The "Incoming" section is a start but it's nowhere near enough.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHaRLoTTe
Conqueror

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Ok, this pisses me off! And I apologise for my poor language in this post!!

But it fucks me off that they would do this, I am sick to death of the way the scene and society is going at the moment! I know it's always been about money and the right backing etc etc etc, but it appears to be even worse than ever!

I am pissed off that a band with such talent, and persiverance is getting knocked down! I hope you guys find it in you to brush yourselves down and say fuck you!
Groupie

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:

God, what is the logic behind that??

Its really irritating. I really used to consider Metal Hammer better than Kerrap! for reasons pretty much already covered.

Guess its all about the $$$. It's sad, really.

Still, at least WE know BOYD is amazing, eh? Smile
Triaxial
Groupie

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Laughable really isn't it. I looked at the cover of a number of supposedly good music magazines yesterday, and needless to say I am less than impressed. There are good magazines out there (Power Play, Zero Tolerance) but they're few and far between. I don't even need to read the 54 MetalHammer review to guess what it said, and the only thing I trust these days is my own ears because of it. It's ridiculous that the focus of the review is of a song few people have heard, hasn't been publicly released by 54, and isn't even on BOYD. Is there any wonder so much music is illegally downloaded, when you buy a cd on the back of a review only to be disappointed?

It makes me very angry, and I'm sure the guys here and anyone who's seen a live 54 show will attest to that. What sucks is that positive publicity from these magazines would be so helpful to the band, and time and again it doesn't happen. Proper British metal should be supported, and these wankers are dangling from America's emo/metalcore balls.

Don't be disheartened Lakis and co, just fucking prove your enormous talent on the stage, coz you kick my ass every time you play.
neal adams
Stalker

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject:

we all know area 54 are a real metal band who bring out great albums and do great live shows so fuck all the shit mags and keep real metal alive Razz Laughing
Slasher54
Killer

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Aw thats a big shame to A - receive a bad review and B- be let down. 54's music did the talking for me on that free CD in Classic Rock years ago. You should try getting something along them lines again! Wink
Area 54 Forums Forum Index » AREA 54 » Metal Hammer
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: