Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Top 10
Area 54 Forums Forum Index » ASK THE BAND » Top 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHaRLoTTe
Conqueror

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Top 10

Ok, if you all had to make your own compilation CD, of the top 10 songs that influenced you, changed your life, or helped you in anyway!!

What songs would they be?? and why?
Band

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Wow, lots to answer there - this is more like an interview!!

You must know how hard these are to answer, and to narrow down to ten is very hard.

In no particular order

1) GN'R - You Could Be Mine. This sone changed my life, I would be earning money if it wasn't for Slash being so damn cool and making me bei in a band....hehe

2) Megadeth - Tornado of Souls. Some killer riffage, and one of the best solos of all time. That's why when I met Marty I shook like a leaf (and Slash now that I think about it!)

3) Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River. The first song I ever figured out on guitar, all by ear before I even knew what the fuck I was doing!

4) Iron Maiden - Phantom of the Opera...Bunking off school (don't do it kids!!)

5) Pantera - Five Minutes Alone. I discivered this track throug the Noisy Muthas show with me ol' pal, Krusher!! It made me think about riffing in a totally new way, and although I never quite used it at the time, I think you can hear a Dimebag influence on the 'Bring Out Your Dead' album, if you know where to look

6) At The Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease. My friend, Fluffy, from the band Gorerotted played them to me when I was sick of the then current scene, again it totally changed the way I thought the band direction should go. You can hear At The Gates influence pop up every now and then. 'No Reward' springs to mind, and obviously 'Cancer of the Mind' it even has Tomas Lindberg on it Smile

7) Eminem - take your pick which track... Eminem has started to make my lyrical tastes change a little bit. That's why there's a little few tongue in cheek lines on the new album, although it seems to go over most peoples heads and is still quite discreet. I would say, you'll notice his influence on me more on future recordings I'm quessing.

8 ) Black Sabbath - take your pick..I used to solo over the top to their albums all the time, lots of fun!

9) GN'R - 'Madagascar', this song has turned me on to the idea of mixing drum loops into other sections. When I heard the A54 version, I just couldn't believe how well it worked with the real drum sections. Definitely something I want to experiment with in the future.

10 - Take That - Could it be Magic...Well maybe not, but come on, doesn't all this typing show you how much of an effort I've made?

Now leave me alone Wink

Seriously, I could go on all night, these are just the first few that sprung to mind.

Cheers
Lakis
Conqueror

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject:

I like to be difficult and ask long questions!! Smile

But thank you for taking the time to answer!!

Now the same question to the REST OF AREA 54.

Last edited by CHaRLoTTe on Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Lee
Band

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject:

Again,as Lugs,In no particular order

1) The Evil that Men Do - Iron Maiden, Textbook Steve Harris BassLine,

2) Queen of Winter Throned - Cradle of Filth, An Epic!

3) Give war a Chance - Stuck Mojo, Love them growing up!

4) Indoctrination - Dimmu Borgir, Maiden on Speed! lol

5) Gone Away - The Offspring, well written song and lyrics,stands out like a sore thumb lol on their hombre album,

6) The Last Time- Paradise Lost, Who says goth rock cant be bouncy and happy lol

7) Angel/Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix, Emo but without all the crying,

8 ) Agonised - Benediction,wicked brit band playing simple death style stuff,made it big in europe but not the uk,

9) USAK-47 - The Almighty, another underestimated uk band,

10) Mouldy Old Dough - Lieutenant Pigeon Anyone who really knows me,will know why this is on the list Wink

Theres so much more stuff id like to add thats influenced me,a top 50 would be easier lol,but as a top 10 that will have to suffice for the time being Smile
 Back to top »
Area 54 Forums Forum Index » ASK THE BAND » Top 10
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: